Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/6922
Title: Immunohistochemical Detection of Beta- Catenin in Ovarian Tumors Among Sudanese Women الكشف النسيجي الكيميائي المناعي عن البيتا- كاتينين في أورام المبيض لدى النساء السودانيات
Authors: Anaheed Ali Abdalla Omer
Keywords: Histopathology Cytology
Issue Date: 2017
Publisher: AL-Neelain University
Abstract: Abstract This is hospital based analytical retrospective case control study was conducted at Soba university hospital, Omdurman military hospital (Khartoum state), during the period from September 2016 to February 2017. The study was aimed to detect beta-catenin expression in ovarian tumors using immunohistochemistry. Sixty paraffin block were collected from patients samples previously diagnosed as ovarian tumors, 30(50%) samples were malignant and 30 (50%) samples were benign. The histopathological subtype of malignant samples include, 25(41.7%) samples were epithelial ovarian cancer, 2(3.3%) samples were germ cell tumor, and 3(5%) samples were granulosa cell tumor. One section of 3μm was cut from each paraffin block, then stained by immunohistochemical method (new indirect technique) for detection of beta-catenin. The data obtained was analyzed using SPSS program version 20. The age of patients ranged between 20 and 80 year with mean age of 45 years, most patients were less than 50 years representing 35 (58.3%) and the remaining 25(41.7%) were older than 50 years. Beta-catenin expression was revealed positive result in 24 (40%) samples in malignant samples while 6 (10%) samples showed negative expression, while in benign ovarian tumors positive expression was found in 4 (6.7%) samples and 26 (43.3%) samples showed negative expression, this result showed significant association between beta-catenin expression and malignant ovarian tumors (P. value = 0.031). Regarding the histopathological subtypes of malignant tumor, β-catenin expression was detected in 21 (70%) samples of epithelial ovarian cancer, 1 (3.3%) sample of germ cell tumor, 2 (6.7%) samples of granulosa cell tumor , this result showed insignificant association between beta-catenin expression and histological subtype of malignant tumor (P. value = 0.659). The study conclude that positive expression of B- catenin was associated with malignant tumors of ovarian with no association with histopathological subtype of malignant tumor.   المستخلص ٲجريت هذه الدراسة المستشفوية التحليلية الٳسترجاعية الحالة والحالة الضابطة في مستشفى سوبا الجامعي، المستشفى العسكري – أم درمان) ولاية الخرطوم) في الفترة من سبتمبر 2016 الى فبراير 2017 ، هدفت الدراسة للكشف عن البيتا – كاتينين في أورام المبيض بٳستخدام كيمياء الأنسجة المناعية. جمع ستون قالب شمعي من عينات مرضى كانوا مشخصين مسبقا على أنهم مصابين بأورام المبيض، (% 50) 30 منهم كانوا مشخصين كاورام مبيض خبيثة و 30 (% 50)كانوا مشخصين كاورام مبيض حميدة . الأورام الخبيثة كانت موزعة كالأتي 25 (41.7%) من عينة المبيض الظهاري و عينتان (3.3%) من العينات كانت ورم الخلايا الجرثومية ( % 5 ) 3عينات كانت ورم الخلايا الحبيبية . تم قطع مقطع واحد من كل عينة بسمك 3 مايكرون من كل قالب شمعي وصبغت بواسطة طريقة كيمياء الأنسجة المناعية (الطريقة الجديدة غير المباشرة( للكشف عن ظهور البيتا – كاتينين في أورام المبيض بٳستخدام كيمياء الأنسجة المناعية . و أستخدم برنامج الحزم الٳحصائية للعلوم الٳجتماعية ،النسخة 20 لتحليل البيانات. تراوحت أعمار المرضى بين 20-80 سنة بمتوسط عمر 45 سنة. أظهرت الدراسة أن معظم المرضى كانت أعمارهم اقل من 50 سنة، وكان عددهم 35 مريضاً بنسبة( %58) و 25 مريضا بنسبة (% 41.7) كانت أعمارهم أكثر من 50 سنة. أظهرت الدراسة أن البيتا- كاتينين كان موجب الظهور في ( %40 ) 24 عينة من أورام المبيض الخبيثة وسالب الظهور في ( %10 ) 6 المتبقية. بينما في أورام المبيض الحميدة كان موجب الظهور في ( %6.7) 4 عينة وسالب الظهور (% 43.3) 26 عينة المتبقية مع وجود علاقة ذات دلالة ٳحصائية بين ٳفراز البيتا- كاتينين وأورام المبيض ) القيمة الأحتمالية. (0.031= فيما يتعلق بافراز البيتا- كاتينين والأنواع النسيجية للورم الخبيث، كان البيتا- كاتينين موجب الظهور في (%70)21 عينة سرطان المبيض الظهاري، عينة واحدة ( %3.3 ) عينة ورم الخلايا الجرثومية و عينتان (%6.7 ) عينة ورم الخلايا الحبيبية. مع عدم وجود علاقة ذات دلالة ٳحصائية بين ظهور البيتا-كاتينين والنوع النسيجي للورم الخبيث) القيمة الأحتمالية. (0.659 = خلصت الدراسة ٳلى وجود علاقة بين ٳفراز البيتا- كاتينين وأورام المبيض من النوع الخبيث وعدم وجود علاقة بين ٳفراز البيتا- كاتينين والنوع النسيجي للورم الخبيث.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/6922
Appears in Collections:Masters theses : Medical Laboratory Science

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
البحث كامل.pdf993.87 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.