Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/14686
Title: Identification of HER 2- neu in Esophageal Carcinoma by Immunohistochemical technique among Sudanese Patients
Authors: Tgwa Bashir Alamin Ali
Keywords: Laboratory Sciences
Issue Date: 2018
Publisher: Al-Neelain University
Citation: Al-Neelain University
Abstract: Abstract Background: Esophageal carcinomon is one of dead cancer with highly aggressive potency. Esophageal cancer is asignificant worldwide health problem because of its poor prognosis and high incidence in the certain part of the Sudan.. Method: This is hospital based analytical retrospective study collectionof sample at Omdurman Hospital during the period from January 2014 to January 2018. Aimed to investigate the existence of Here2 malignant esophageal lesion l, using immunohistochemistry technique.Fifty (50) paraffin blocks were collected from patients previously diagnosed as having malignant esophageal lesion, Theimmunohistochemical method was applied to all paraffin sections after microtomy using (dextran polymer conjugated secondary – HRP, Dako-USA). The data obtained were analyzed using SPSS program version 21(Frequencies, mean). Result: The age of patients ranged between (30 – 85) years with mean age of 62.2 years, andmost of patients 32 (64%) were > 60 years old, while the rest 18(36%) were less than 60 years Among the selected group, 7(14%) cases showed adenocarcinoma and43(86%)cases with squamous cell carcinoma.The grade of Adenocarcinoma showed well differentiation in 2(28.6%) cases, moderate differentiation also in 2(28.6%) cases,and poor differentiation in 3(42.8%)cases,while thesquamous cell carcinoma cases showed well in differentiation 28(65.1%) cases, moderate differentiation in 11 (25.6%) cases, and poor differentiation in4(9.3%) cases.Positive expression of Her2 was found in5(10%)of cases whereas negativeexpression was found in45 (90%) in malignant cases. This result showed no correlation of Here2 expression and esophageal tumors (value. 0.119). Conclusion: The study concluded that positive expression of Here2 was not associated with malignant tumors of esophageal. المستخلص هذه الدراسة عبارة عن دراسه تحليليه استطلاعية اجريت في عينات مستشفى امدرمان التعليمي. الدراسه تهدف الي التحقيق من وجود الاورام الخبيثة للمرئ باستخدام كيمياء الانسجه المناعيه تم جمع خمسون قالب شمعي من عينات مرضي مشخصين مسبقا علي انهم مصابين باورام المري قطعت المقاطع بسمك 3 مايكروميتر من كل قالب شمعي باستخدام المشراح الدواروصبغت بواسطة كيمياء الانسجه المناعية واستخدم برنامج الحزم الاحصائية للعلوم الاجتماعية النسخه 21 لتحليل البيانات ترواحت اعمار المرضي بين 30الي 85 سنه مع متوسط العمر 62.2 سنه وكشفت الدراسه ان معظم المرضي كانوا 60عاما واكتر من 60 عاما يمثلون32(64%)والباقي 18(36%)اقل من 60 عاما.كشف التشخيص للمرضي عن سرطان الخلايا الغدية في 7عينه (14%)’سرطان الخلايا الحرشفية في 43 عينه (86%).واظهرت درجة الاوارم (الخلايا الغدية )النوع الاولI في 2 عينه (%28.6)’النوع الثاني II في2 عينه(28.6%)’والنوع الثالث III في 3عينه (%42.8),(الخلايا الحرشفيه) النوع الاول Iفي 28 عينه (%65.1)’النوع الثاني II في11 عينه(%25.6)’النوع الثالث IIIفي4 عينه(%93).اظهرت الدراسة ان هير2 موجب الظهورفي(5) وسالب الظهور في (45) في العينات الخبيثة.اظهرت هذة النتيجة انه لا توجد علاقه ذات دلاله احصائية value o.119) بين الهير2 وسرطان المرئ
Description: thesis submitted partial fulfillment for the requirement of master degree inmedical laboratory sciences (Histopathology & Cytology)
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/14686
Appears in Collections:Masters theses : Medical Laboratory Science

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
بحث تقوى الطباعة.pdf318.93 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.